Wearing a wig can be a fun and easy way to switch up your hairstyle. However, there's nothing worse than having your wig slip and slide around while you're trying to go about your day. To prevent this from happening, it's essential to secure your wig properly. In this article, we'll take a closer look at some of the best ways to secure a wig, from gluing down methods to wig grip headbands and mini combs.
Gluing Down for Lace Front Wigs
One of the most popular ways to secure a wig is by using glue. This method is especially useful for lace front wigs, which have a delicate lace material that needs to be blended into the skin. To glue down your wig, you will need a wig adhesive, such as lace wig glue or wig tape.
Here's how to do it:
- Clean your skin: Before you apply any glue, make sure your skin is clean and free of any oils or makeup. You can use a gentle cleanser or an alcohol wipe to clean the area around your hairline.
- Apply the glue: Take your wig adhesive and apply a thin layer along your hairline. Be careful not to apply too much, as this can create a build-up and make your wig look unnatural.
- Place the wig: Once you've applied the glue, carefully place the wig onto your head. Start from the front and work your way back, pressing the wig down firmly as you go.
- Secure the wig: Once the wig is in place, use a comb or your fingers to press the lace down onto your skin. You can also use a blow dryer on a low setting to help the glue dry faster.
Remember, you should never use regular glue or super glue to secure your wig. Always use a wig adhesive that is specifically designed for this purpose.
Mini Combs and Straps Inside the Wig Cap
Some wigs come with mini combs and straps inside the wig cap, which can be used to secure the wig onto your head. The combs are small, plastic combs that are sewn into the wig cap, while the straps are adjustable bands that can be tightened or loosened to fit your head.
Here's how to use mini combs and straps:
- Put on the wig: First, put the wig onto your head and make sure it's positioned correctly.
- Locate the combs: Look for the mini combs on the inside of the wig cap. They are usually located near the temples and at the nape of the neck.
- Insert the combs: Take the comb and slide it into your hair, making sure it's firmly in place. Repeat this step with the other comb.
- Adjust the straps: If your wig has straps, locate them on the inside of the wig cap. Pull them tight to secure the wig onto your head. If the wig feels too tight, loosen the straps.
There are many different ways to secure a wig, and the method you choose will depend on your personal preference and the type of wig you're wearing. Whether you prefer a gluing down method, a wig grip headband, mini combs, or clips, there's a solution out there that will work for you. With the tips and tricks outlined in this article, you'll be able to wear your wig with confidence and ease.